abou French Property and General French Interest for Francophiles

Une Vacance en France

Discussion and comment on France and all things French. Perfect for Francophiles everywhere.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

French Property Insurance

Does anyone have any advice on holiday property insurance for the french market? I have used 'Insurance for Homes Abroad', a company from Weston-Super-Mare for many years. I have never had to claim, and so I don't know how they would perform when I needed them most, and I find this a little concerning.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Geoffrey said…

    We use AGF for our Brittany holiday home insurance.

    It was initially setup by the estate agent we bought through (they act as AGF agents) and although I thought about moving it elsewhere the policy price is good (about €300 per year) and when I translated the cover details into English I thought it was comprehensive enough so have never bothered.

    Never had any reason to claim on it so no idea what they are like when it comes to paying out. I did check that the policy would be sufficient even though the property is normally vacant and was assured that it was, so have left things as they stand.

    Cheers, Geoffrey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home